Gå til innhold

oh no not again,,,,

TUGGY

Anbefalte innlegg

well yesterday i finished the new fuel tank and mounted everything,,,put diesel in and fired her up,,,she runs like a swiss watch so now i can finish the wiring and the new bonnet cover and the painting and the new seats,,,,oooohhh it will never be ready,,,, <_<:o:( and i have been playing off road all day,,, :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Svar 504
  • Opprettet
  • Siste svar

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Postede bilder

• 3 uker senere...

Hi There!

You reall have a great project going there, especially impressing is your paintjob, few around that go to that extent.

Been some days sine I was done in Your corner of the World, will make sure to check it out in person once I get the opportunity

Those N-A tours you mentioned, are they "pay as you go along"-trips? Details would be great :-)

Keep up the brillinat work!!

Greets

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

ok,,just tried to bleed the clutch,,,it wouldnt pump,,so stripped the master cylinder out and it was siezed solid,,it had been standing for at least 3 years, :( ,,so just looked on craddocks site for a new one,,,and guess what,,,,they no longer stock them,,,,bugger,,,, <_< so i am going to have to adapt a range rover one if i can,,,,,more work,,,,, :wacko::wacko: ,

also i have a page on face book check out tugs 4x4 morocco raids

Endret av TUGGY
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

OOHHHH its been a good day... :lol: .......i managed to retrofit a range rover clutch master cylinder into the 101 its the one off the donar vehicle,,,,so i managed to bleed the clutch,,,i started the engine and put it in gear,,,,nothing,,, :o aaarrrr put the high-low range in,, :rolleyes: ,,,,dipped the clutch and let it out slowly and it moved,,,,so for the first time in maybe 3-4 years she moved under her own power,,,,,smooooooth as silk,, B) ,,,,,result,, B)B)B) ,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

ok today i am sorting the charging circuit,,,, :huh::o and trying to do some electrical stuff,,,,i hate doing electrics,,,,,anybody with the know how want to come and do them for me,,,,,,, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i will give you lots of coffee and eggy banjo,s,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol::blink::P:DB)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

ok just a quick update,,,drove her out of the garage and washed it as there was a great deal of dust and muck on it from where it had been standing, blush ,,will bleed the brakes this week some time and pipe up the inter cooler then i can start on the paintwork on the body work before i fit it out,,then i can do all the electrics,,,,,still lots of work to do, <_< ,,but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel now,, :D ,,i think,,, :blink: ,

101frog011.jpg

101frog009.jpg

101frog008.jpg

101frog007.jpg

101frog006.jpg

101frog004.jpg

101frog014.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

yes i thought i would keep the springs and steering components blue i quite like it against the black chassis,,, :rolleyes: ,,,but i dont know what colour to paint the body,,,, :unsure: ,,,,,thinking of desert sand,,, :blink: ,,,,,i dont know,,,any ideas what would look good,, B)B)B) ,,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

quick update,, :huh: ,,,took if for a run up the road today,,,back propshaft is binding and something is wrong with the clutch im getting judder so think i have to realingn the rear axle and propshaft fit a new clutch and i have wear in the front swivel pins,,ordered new parts from craddocks,,, :o:blink: ,,,,,so still lots of work to do,,,,, B) ,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

ok quick update,,,,

cut all the brackets off the rear axle realigned the axle so as the prop shaft has minimum angle then re weld all the brackets back on ,,,what a ball ache,, :angry: reconnect the brake pipes and bleed,,,best brakes iv ever had on a 101,,,and it stops,,,, :lol: pipe up the turbo,, start putting the panels back on the front body work,ok see if i canpost some pics this weekend,,,,, :rolleyes::unsure::blink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

It is most impressive to see the amount of work You put into your truck

I personally find the 101`s very pretty in dark green.

Considering it should be your overland truck though, the Libyan Sand color offered by LR is a definate option

May I suggest You spray the rooftop white? Not in order for it to match a Defender but to minimize heat impact while runing about in those hotter climates you`ve adopted blush

Realy fine 101`s are becomming more and more rare, so its is tickling to see how it comes along :)

Endret av JefeDeMaquinas
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

DSCF4595.jpg

DSCF4601.jpg

DSCF4596.jpg

well i have managed to get a couple of days on the old girl this week,, :lol: ,i needed to paint the cab inside so i could fit the modified dash board and start the wiring so i started to rub the old paint off,,,it took me all day and what a messy job 3-4 layers of paint,,aaahhhhh :huh::blink:

so found some paint,,,not sure what it is because its all writen in spanish,,,but its like hammerite sort of paint,,touch dry in 10 mins but its for all sorts of metal and will spray :P which is good and it seems to do the job,found this nice red like a crimson i wasnt sure of the colour but now its on it looks quite nice,,,,,i like colours,,,,,so black hood red body and black mach six wheels it should look quite good,,,ok see if i can get moor done this week end,,,just need it finished and on the road,,, B)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Certainly looks good ;-)!

Don`t know if its me (recently whiped my glasses) but that last pic of Yours seemt to me lika a shiny orange.

Despite the "municipality-touch", bright orange could do the trick as well :-)

Come to think of it; There was recently for sale a very straight green 101 in Germany but its off the marked now.

Not attempting to be smart here, but is there a new design out that I havent heard of as you state Mach six wheels?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Certainly looks good ;-)!

Don`t know if its me (recently whiped my glasses) but that last pic of Yours seemt to me lika a shiny orange.

Despite the "municipality-touch", bright orange could do the trick as well :-)

Come to think of it; There was recently for sale a very straight green 101 in Germany but its off the marked now.

Not attempting to be smart here, but is there a new design out that I havent heard of as you state Mach six wheels?

look on page 2 of this thread and you will see my new mach 6 wheels,,,the bright orange is the undercoat not sure if it needed it but its given it a bit more body,,,,ja,ja,ja,,,,no pun intended,,,,, B):D:lol::D:lol:

ok its hot sunny and after beer oclock,,,,so BBQ time,,,,,,yeee haawww

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

OOOOOOHHHHHH yes,,,,,,had 3 days fettling the old girl,,,, B):D ,

new fuse box,all new lights,indicators working side lights all working stop light system all working dash board in and all gauges working,,,windscreen all cleaned and fitted,,,so just the front bumper to fit,,some more paint doors and door tops then fit the rear body,,,and were nearly there,,,then theres the snagging,,,,,,

post pics tomorrow,,,,,,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...