Gå til innhold

Water leaks into the cab

crass

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi Guys

After this lovely few weeks of rain I have started noticing water leaking into the passenger footwell....I also have a minor leak on the drivers side roof that needs to be plugged up. So I have downloaded the Defender water Ingress manual and I will start sealing the whole cab....The maual recommends clear sealant but I guess I wont find Kent automotive products in Norway.

What sealent do you guys recommend that can take the rattles and body twisting and will adhear to the body....some thing perhaps from Biltema, Bauhaus or Torshov Bil?

Thanks

Dean

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The "Water Ingress Manual" from the factory - Fun reading :-)

What I bought was called Captain Creepy...Cracking.... something - I do not remember the correct name, but someone will soon come up with it. blush Sold at maritime stores.

But what ever you do I am afraid it will still leak. But if you really manage to make you Defender waterproof, I'll ask you to do mine to :lol::)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If crass gets his car waterproof,and it stays so,I will recommend him for the Nobel prize.

I have seen series LR with sweet,small roof gutters inside.

Endret av gautes
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We get them fairly water tight in Africa by using a product called rhino lining. This product is mainly used to protect the pickup bins on work trucks. It is basically a rubber based paint that is super tough. It has great noise reduction properties and it stinks like hell (for a week or so).

I know a defender will never be 100% water tight but with the ineffective heater and water I'm scared I might get frozen to the gas pedal.....lol

Gaute get thy letter ready for next year! Lol thanks for the replies all

Dean

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Defender is not hydrophobic it's hydrophilic.

Some of us likes to plunge the car into deep waters and therfore have highwatermark inside on the doorpillar.

Others are just lucky enough to live in areas with high consentrations of downpour.

No car is totaly waterproof. Inferior makes have just made it more difficult for the water to get in. :D

Defenders are the best outdoors motorwehicle.

Lots of fresh(cold) air and the possibilty to grow fungus in al sorts on the inside.

Hereby beeing the best environmental preserving product known to mankind yet.

Joke aside. Have tried the manual with some luck.

The rubbergaskets that sits between the various parts on the defender

have a tendecy to pick up and lead water to the inside after some years.

Trying to seal theese with silicone free sealer from the outside has been tried by some people.

Rumors says its been a succes.

Supports Gaute on the nomination for a Nobel Price, if you manage to keep it dry on the inside.

(not the peace price but in physics maybe)

Although peace of mind should be appreciated also.

Good luck.

Reason for edit: tried to make my english recognizable to others

Endret av Jarle F
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Love the comment Glen!

The point is to get the roof watertight as I dont look so B) wearing a showercap while driving! the footwells can be as swampy as they like for now as I always wear boots in winter.

By the sounds of it Eirrik should be inline for the Nobel award next year.

If I get tired of the water Ill get some rhino liner and slap that on in the summer!

Dean

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...