• 1 måned senere...
  • Svar 504
  • Opprettet
  • Siste svar

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Postede bilder

chassis009.jpg

ok had a good weekend,,,finished the second coat of black gloss then fitted the springs and started on the axles,,,its coming on nice now,,,,dont think it will be ready for your meeting in july,,,,, :unsure::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:B)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 måneder senere...

well just a quick update,,,,been very busy with other peoples cars in the garage and now find i havent enough room so i am taking on another bigger workshop we are also making a shop where we will be selling landrover parts new and used,,we are also braking some rovers,,,,so i should have more room to get back on the 101 and finnish it,,,so we now have a garage with shop and parts so anybody travling to morroco or africa please drop in and see us,,,maybe i will put all the details up later,,,on another post,,,,,,and we are also doing a guided tour in morroco in febuary if any body wants to come,,,, B)B)B)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

overlandshow036.jpg

well spent the afternoon working on the no1 cross member or front bumper, :D ,,the other one is as rusty as a rusty thing thats rusting,,,,so i had some 5mm plate bent to the same shape as the origanal now i am modifing it with a winch mount and tapered ends,,,see how it turns out if i dont like it i can always start again,,,, :blink:

well after 3-4 months without touching it,,,,it feels good to get back on the project,,,,now i must remove my thumb from my bum and get on with it,,,,,, blushblush ........ B)B)B)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

well just an update,,,,, :unsure: ,,,,,its been a busy month moved out of the workshop i moved into,,wasnt happy with some things,,,but hey moved back into my big garage,,,seem to have a lot of work on just now so poor old 101 is on the shelf again,,, :unsure:<_<:angry:blush;):o might get a few vdays on her next week,,,,,, :D:lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

mach6wheels002.jpg

ORDERED SOME MACH 6 WHEELS FOR THE 101 AND THEY ARRIVED YESTERDAY,,,,,,OHHHHHHH STUNNING..... :lol:

OH WELL THATS THE FOOD BUDGET GONE FOR THE NEXT 12 MONTHS,,,,, :unsure::rolleyes:blush

ALL FOOD DONATIONS ,,PLEASE SEND TO,,,,,,,,, :o:huh::lol:B)B)

JUST GOT TO FIND SOME CASH TO PUT SOME RUBBER ON THEM NOW,,,,THINK SOMETHING LIKE,,33-12.5-16 .. B)

HAVE YOU CHECKED MY WEBSITE OUT YET,,,, www.tugs4x4.com

Endret av TUGGY
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well i had a good couple of days in the workshop putting the engine and gearbox in the 101 sits quite nice in the chassis,so i gerry rigged a fuel supply connected everything up and started it up,,,,,it runs as sweet as a sweet thing,,, :D:lol::D:lol:B)B)

see if i cant put a picture up some time this weekend,,,,,feel like iv done something this week,,,, B)B)

Endret av TUGGY
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well i had a good couple of days in the workshop putting the engine and gearbox in the 101 sits quite nice in the chassis,so i gerry rigged a fuel supply connected everything up and started it up,,,,,it runs as sweet as a sweet thing,,, :D:lol::D:lol:B)B)

see if i cant put a picture up some time this weekend,,,,,feel like iv done something this week,,,, B)B)

engine24vm004.jpg

when i get the time it will all be steam cleaned and painted,,,,

Endret av TUGGY
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Check your fan carefully for cracks.

They more or less explode on revs and really kill off

radiators,timing-covers,fan-covers,waterpumps,bonnets....

Gautewhodidntcheckthesecondhandfaneither

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Just a quick update,,,,, :blink: engine and box all in and new prop shafts all made up and fitted exhaust all modified and fitted so today i am going to mount the intercooler in front of the radiator and plumb it in then next week i should be ready to start the body work,,,comeing along nicly now,,,,im hopeing it will be done by early next year,,,,hopefully i want to do a 2 month tour in june and july maybe do denmark-sweden-norway as last year was a diaster never got to do or see anything,,,, :angry: ....... B)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

Hi Guys,,,last week i managed to get a couple of days sorting out the steering linkage,,i stripped it all down and cleaned it then painted it in the same blue as the springs i can see a theme coming on here having all moving parts blue i think i stripped the ball joints and greesed them they havent got greese nipples so you cant grees them on a regular basis so one of my jobs in the future will be to drill and tap and fit nipples,i refurbished the rear brakes fitting new cylinders and brake shoes and painted the back plates,,all looking nice now the pro comp steering damper arrived so that was fitted,the brake pipes to the rear axle were all renewed and fixed to the axle,,,,,pulled all the cab bodywork out and cleaned that up yesterday so thats my task for this week,,,,ok i will take more pics this week , :blink: ,,,,,,,,,,,by the way does anybody ever read this,,,,, :lol::blink: merry christmas,,,, blushB) ,

picsoffroad087.jpg

nice clean painted front axle with new steering damper,,,,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

aaaahhhhh things have gone slow again work gets in the way,,,,,body work is all painted underside and fitted back on the chassis now im in the process of connecting everything back up,,,,,,,i will post a pic soon,,,,,, :unsure:B)B)B)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I will book you for the Danish and Norwegian Events then.... :lol:

yea i hope so,,im off to morocco next weekend 12th but i have some work coming up thats slowing progress,,,but im working on it today,, :rolleyes: ,,,again there dosent seem to be enough hours in the day,,,, :blink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It looks and it is going to be a nice truck.

Go and read(look at the pictures :lol: )in turer og treff forum

and see how much fun you miss not having snow. ;)

Some pics taken by a girlfriend of mine are being posted there

in some hours.And,of course,with a lot of help with the pc-bit.

Endret av gautes
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...