Edinburgh Red

Anbefalte innlegg

• Svar 157
  • Opprettet
  • Siste svar

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Postede bilder

The cheapest I found here in Norway now, was Megahjul.no. Just bought two sets of SUV 7 there. Think i paid 5.800 NOK for 16" for the D2 (in july) and 7.900 NOK (in august) for 19" for the D3. Balancing and mounting included.

www.interdekk.no usually have good prices as well.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That's quite similar then. The guy I spoke to can only supply LT2's.

If I get them over here it's easier for me, but it means I'll have to drive from Edinburgh to Hull which is quite a distance with no snow or ice!

Also means on the way home I'll probably have to drive to Amsterdam with them?

May be better to order them in Norway, pick them up when I arrive, then ship them home again?

Not really sure what to do, haha.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jalmassi, I really do appreciate your kind offer, but I don't want to set concrete plans regarding timing, so I really don't want to inconvenience or dissapoint anyone by waiting on me.

I hope I can meet up with some of you when I'm in the area and rely on you for local knowlege, (and share a fine Scottish malt). :)

Having given the tyre thing some more thought, and based on all of your advice, I think I'll arrange to buy tyres in Norway as hopefully this will become an annual trip, therefore the tyres will be a good investment.

Cheers, Mark.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

I would be interested in info on how the ferry works out, have you managed to book it yet? I need to get my 31 year old 110 from Aberdeen to Stavanger sometime, probably early next year. Immingham to Brevik sounds like it would be a good option. But it is still in a bits at the moment.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It was a collection of mostly old and rare LR's, sold off on an auction a while ago.

Most of the cars were bought by John Craddock and brought back to the UK.

Google "The Norwegian Land Rover Collection" and you'll get the story, with pictures....

Roughly guessing there must have been a hundred LR's most of them bought in the UK and ferried over from Harwich, Immingham or Aberdeen. I have from time to time been working in the harbour in Tananger so i've seen them coming to Norway.....

What i was tying to inform you about was that it is possible to send your car as "Deck-cargo" on these RO-RO vessels (RollON-RollOff). They do NOT take passengers, but it's quite common to send cars, trucks, heavy machinery etc this way.

If you go via Aberdeen, you can drop your car off at Matthews Quay in Aberdeen on saturday night/sunday morning, and then fly to Stavanger and pick your car up monday morning.

Endret av Bjoern
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi there Mark,

If you should end up in Brevik, and would fancy a nice trip from Voss back to Brevik, I´d like to recommend a trip from Voss through Telemark. I know a few very nice smaller roads in Telemark, and if interested might be able to set you up with a basic cabin in Rauland, Telemark for a night too. There´s some good skiing in that area too (Røldal, Haukeli, Rauland, Gaustablikk next to Rjukan - where the heavy water factory was during the war). Road descriptions for the way back through Telemark should be easy to send via google maps. There are a lot of beautiful places to see if going from Voss over Haukelifjell down to Brevik again. Best of luck, you´ll be fine and there is always help to be had via the forum here. If interested, send me a PM for more info if any of this is interesting!

Geir

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

OK...So this weekends "information gathering" weekend is almost sorted..

Plan is:

Thursday, arrive in Oslo, drive down to Kristiansand for the night, only because the Irish Bar there has amazing chicken wings!

Friday, drive to Stavanger. Due to ferry times this looks our most probable entry point in January. Planning to stay there for a couple of days and order my tyres, so any advice on dealers would be appreciated.

Sunday, drive back to Oslo, for a Monday flight home.

If anyone along the way can sort me out with an NLRK sticker for the truck, there's a bottle of Scottish produce in it for you. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...