Gå til innhold

Defender v8 Works «recreation»

Kuba

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi guys, 

I am new to forum and still a bit «new in Norway».

I have heard some general rules regarding law when it comes to cars and rebuilding, but this I dont know. ( and SV is not helpfull at all...»please send us email and we will take a look at it» ) 

Planing to re-create a Works V8 Defender 110 using Puma 110 as a base-car, with oldie-but-goldie V8 LS2 and manual ZF gearbox. What kind of law/rules apply to that? Is this possible according to norwegian road rules? Does it take a lot to go through «bureacraccy» to have it approved? Anyone went through that? 

Thx in advance

Kuba 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

21 hours ago, gautes said:

Afraid this will only happen in your dreams.

Thats an honest answer :) 

But anyone have any idea before I will get email from SV with loads of requierd documentations?

thx

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here's some pointers for you.

If the Works Defender V8 is type approved in EU, you might have a chance. If it's produced with some kind of exemption, it's game over.

If it is type approved, then using a Puma as a base is probably impossible. It's not easy to get engine change approval on a vehicle with a different engine. It's very hard to get an approval for an engine swap with lower Euro spec. (Euro 2-3-4-5-6)

Best bet would be to get a OneTen with a rover V8 originally, then add a puma hood. That way the engine type and amount of cylinders is the same.

You need to find documentation on weight, power, emissions +++ on both engines. Present the wish to change the engine in the OneTen in an application to SVV. You can write that the current engine is worn, noisy, thirsty, polluting and needs a total rebuild. Then write that the LS is an excellent choice for a donor due to the Rover V8 being an old engine, hard to get parts, (lie your heart out how bad the current engine is, and praise the LS. Show that the LS is lighter, more efficient and easier to service.)

You need to find an LS that has as low power as possible. Close to 200hp as you can.

If/when the OneTen is approved, you can do invisible changes to gain back the hp. (cam/intake/++++)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...