Gå til innhold

P38 1996 diesel starting problem

Anbefalte innlegg

Hei skal skrive på engelsk fordi min norsk er ikke greit. I hope that’s ok.

just bought an 1996 p38 Range Rover with the bmw motor. Arrived today in Oslo with dead battery but the seller said the car started few days ago without problem. Tried another battery and 2 cars to jump start but always the same result, cranks tries to start and immediately everything goes off. If I keep the key on starting position it will just repeat and repeat with the same results. 

I recon electric problem or immobilizer or ecu becm connection. 

with Nanocom managed to get rf connection several times but no change. 
with Hawkeye couldn’t connect to ecu to run test, the same error always, can’t establish connection...at some point I managed to get 27 and 129 errors, not sure exactly how I did that.

everything inside car is working.

but

when I unlock with the key only drivers door will unlock. Lights er flashing when pushing knobs but nothing happens. The car it self at some point will lock unlock central locking...when key is in I get massage key ignition in on. And some massages like windows are not configured and left door is not configured, something like this.

any idea? It looks like someone has already been checking the cables since and all fuses and relays look good and new. 

thanks in advance

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This really sounds like a dead battery. Are you 100% sure the other battery you tried is good? Are you 100% sure the jumper cables had good connection in both ends? Does the lights (high beam) work well? Do you have  voltmeter (multimeter) handy?

Also, what about the battery cables? Good connections both on the battery and towards the car?

The "(LF/LR/RF/RR) window not set" and "sunroof not set" messages are normal after battery replacement. Just fully open and close all windows and sunroof once, and the messages will disappear.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jump started with 2 cars, a mini and a Range Rover.. exactly same results.. directly to the cable not the battery... but could be cable problem sure. I will start with trying to synchronize the key tomorrow if that helps... and recharging the battery overnight too.

my becm is unlocked so I believe I have to unplug it too, since battery was removed... still digging around to reduce possibilities ... but thanks I will have the multimeter with me tomorrow 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If your battery is  really dead a jumpstart will seldom help.

Disconnect one of the cables on the dead battery and connect jumper cables.

In this way you bypass the suspected dead battery.

Or better still , remove dead battery and borrow one from the RR if possible.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

10 hours ago, gautes said:

If your battery is  really dead a jumpstart will seldom help.

Disconnect one of the cables on the dead battery and connect jumper cables.

In this way you bypass the suspected dead battery.

Or better still , remove dead battery and borrow one from the RR if possible.

It was battery! Haha, just connected the new and started... lovely diesel sound reminds me the gasoline straight six from bmw...  thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...