Gå til innhold

Air suspension compressor

hv08

Anbefalte innlegg

LR Disovery 3 2009

My Air suspension compressor needs to be replaced.

There are two different types in the marked; Hitachi and AMK.

Can someone please advise which one to be used. I will of course try to avoid any reprogramming.

Thanks in advise!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello!

AMK needs re-programming and can be done with IID-tool, and maybe others. Hitatchi is the original. Pros and cons between those two is that the AMK and program is better programmed than Hitatchi. 

But what was / is the reason for replacement? Do you have a leak on the air suspension system? Or is the dryer just full of dust so it cant breath?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi SiggenRRC and thanks for the quick response.

I get the error message "Air suspension fault, normal height only". The compressor also makes a lot of noise.

The diagnostics tool from the local garage is quit clear that it is the compressor that causes the problem.

Im considering buying a compressor from ebay (link below) Do you have any advises regarding this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Land-Rover-Discovery-3-Hitachi-Type-Air-Suspension-Compressor-Pump-LR023964-/254182398586?fits=Make%3ALand+Rover#vi-ilComp

Again; Thanks for your reply.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Even if the Hitatchi has a rather bad reputation, it's not as bad as many want it to be. The main cause of failures are lack of maintenance. As these compressor get older, the drying beads turn into a powder which clogs both the filters within the compressor, as well as causing trouble elsewhere in the system. Unfortunately, changing the drying beads is not something Land Rover has included as a part of their service program.

I wouldn't mind putting a new Hitatchi in my car, but I would change the drying beads from time to time. :)

We haven't seen many AMK failures (yet?). But on the other hand, these compressors may be prone to the same issue - just that we haven't seen much of it yet, since they are newer than the Hitatchis. Or maybe not. Time will show. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Basically you don't need to re program, the car don't know which type you have. 

Program update only lower the threshold for reservoir pressure, so the compressor don't work so much topping up the tank. 

Everyone should actually do this update, might save some old compressors. 

Just mine opinion ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I replaced the hitatchi comp. with the amk and i have the capability to reprogram any d3 and rrs. Its a 5min jobby, usualy painless. If you are close to Drammen, I can provide you with any programing if you need. 

Just give me a shout.

Mr.P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...