Gå til innhold

Some Help Please re planning

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello Guys ‘’

A big hello from the Uk, we are planning a trip through your beautiful country driving from Kristiansand to north of Flam and then a route back to Uk route is just starting to take shape now.

We visited last year for a 4 day trip hiking in Priekestolen area and decided that we needed much longer so the old Gold Disco 2 is coming to visit in August,  say hi if you see us would love to see a few Landrover enthusiasts waving. 

Any gravel roads that we should see in high areas would be appreciated or recommended quiet spots away from away from the crowds are our preference. 

‘’Let’s measure the drive in hours of enjoyment

Either way you guys have a fantastic country and we feel very lucky to be able to travel and enjoy the country and wilderness.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello,

From Kristiansand you will find a very nice trip here:

Skjermbilde 2019-05-30 kl. 20.59.28.png

From Lysebotn you can if the road is open see Kjerag from your car: Contact Hauane Bed & Breakfast to check if the road is open.

Skjermbilde 2019-05-30 kl. 21.08.14.png

IMG_1552.jpeg

Maybe drive around Lysefjorden and see the Preikestolen form your car? Link to the point in Google Maps

Skjermbilde 2019-05-30 kl. 21.04.50.png

IMG_0874.jpeg

Driving to Fossmork gives you some narrow roads and nice views 

DSC_6543.jpeg

We live at Jørpeland and all Land Rover entusiasts are welcome to stay or just pop in for a cup of coffee or tea :)

Further north you can drive to Songesand on the north side of LysefjordenSkjermbilde 2019-05-30 kl. 21.21.42.png

Following road 13 north to Kinsarvik/Eidfjord before continuing onto 7 to Geilo and further on 50 to Flåm saves you for some long and boring tunnels as Gudvangatunnelen for instance.

It will also bring you a lot of nice places and plenty of free camping along the way.

Skjermbilde 2019-05-30 kl. 21.34.47.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

not much like UK gren lanes here. The English in the past were much more insistent on ancient road rights than we have been, even paths in towns are gone., one reason mjght be that we always had the "right to roam". Sromething that you may make use of. No need for camping sites if yor can walk a short whiile and bring your tents , sleepiing bags and food. By law, anywhere 150 yards from a house is suitable for less than 3 days. The high mountain areas are suitable as long as your tent can take the wind. Brew your tea on the exhaust pipes, but be aware that there are strong rules prohibiting off road driving.

p..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 9 måneder senere...
  • 1 år senere...

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. Every time you're planning a trip, never forget to include a nice set of spare tires. Believe me, you'll be doing yourself a favor. I bought mine from 4WheelOnline, and now, I no longer fear about flat tires while being off-road.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...