Gå til innhold

1975 LR 109 Sereis 3 ex Norway military

rfuhrich

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi all,

a bought this month an 1975 Land Rover 109 Series 3 ex Norway Military.
I received with the car also the original Technical Handbook, but in norwegian language,
which i really dont understand (((-;

Have someone from you this book in English or German language, or a Handbook of a very simmilar
car like mine ?

Thank you in advance

Richard

IMG_8141.JPG

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Looks like a really nice car. Please keep us updated on your work with it. (We appreciate pictures). Other information about the car, and how you got it would be interesting. :)

I'm not familiar with the ex-mills, but I am sure somebody here will assist you if there is an english handbook around. If not, I could try to translate if you need assistance with some specific passages.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The X-mil was delivered to Norway with Norwegian army-specs.

Some of the specs are from a One-Ton Truck.

I think you will have a hard time finding an English version of the handbook.

Best solution is probably to use the net for translation.

Or lean on LRF`s expertise and goodwill. :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

9 hours ago, gautes said:

The X-mil was delivered to Norway with Norwegian army-specs.

Some of the specs are from a One-Ton Truck.

I think you will have a hard time finding an English version of the handbook.

Best solution is probably to use the net for translation.

Or lean on LRF`s expertise and goodwill. :P

i know, that the probablility of an english version of this specific army-specs is low...

i have the handbook only in printed form...so it would help also a lot to have it in some digital form...

otherwise my scanner and OCR software will have a lot to do (((-;

so maybe someone is having it in som *. pdf file ?

IMG_8156.jpgIMG_8157.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 hour ago, lafterolf said:

Hi,

thank you a lot...

this is the second printed book, which i received with the car...

this is the exploded part list...

it will of course help, but i am searching for the "Teknisk Handbok" as you can see in the attachment...

but again, thanks also for the partlist !!!

Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Norwegian military 109 is basically a civilian one ton 109. 
Unlike other military Land Rovers it has a civilian VIN-number. 
The reason for this is that the Norwegian MOD thought that the purpose built military 109 was too expensive. So they ordered a standard 109 with a one ton gearbox and a few military specs like war lights, shooting hatch in the roof etc. 

So a technical handbook for a standard Series 3 109/one ton will satisfy your needs. 

And you can always ask here if you are stuck. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
On 5/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, Helge Skou Dale said:

The Norwegian military 109 is basically a civilian one ton 109. 
Unlike other military Land Rovers it has a civilian VIN-number. 
The reason for this is that the Norwegian MOD thought that the purpose built military 109 was too expensive. So they ordered a standard 109 with a one ton gearbox and a few military specs like war lights, shooting hatch in the roof etc. 

So a technical handbook for a standard Series 3 109/one ton will satisfy your needs. 

And you can always ask here if you are stuck. 

Hi,

may i ask you for help ?

Can you please translate me the text by the switches and maybe explain, the function of the right and middle and how to set the left one in the positions S1-S2-S3 ?

Thank you in advance

Richard

IMG_7936.JPG

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sivil beleuchtung,  Position 1, 2 undt TAG, 

Kampf beleuchtung POS S1-S2-S3

POS 0 Alles aus. 

Beim tauschen von sivil zu kampfbeleuchtung muss mittel auf schalter reingedruckt verden , undt Verriegelungslasche geschoben zu andere seite

Die test lampe ist fuer bremsen. 

Bei normal betrieb soltest du nie mals kampfbeleuchtung benutzen.. ich hab es mal getested, und später die lampen fuer sivil beleuchting benutzt. :D

Uebrigends, ist es doch eine 24V system, auch alle lampen mussen dan auch 24V sein, beim tausch.. LKW lampen :) 

Endret av robl
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

11 hours ago, robl said:

Sivil beleuchtung,  Position 1, 2 undt TAG, 

Kampf beleuchtung POS S1-S2-S3

POS 0 Alles aus. 

Beim tauschen von sivil zu kampfbeleuchtung muss mittel auf schalter reingedruckt verden , undt Verriegelungslasche geschoben zu andere seite

Die test lampe ist fuer bremsen. 

Bei normal betrieb soltest du nie mals kampfbeleuchtung benutzen.. ich hab es mal getested, und später die lampen fuer sivil beleuchting benutzt. :D

Uebrigends, ist es doch eine 24V system, auch alle lampen mussen dan auch 24V sein, beim tausch.. LKW lampen :) 

Hallo,

vielen Dank, werde es versuchen.

24V System ist klar. Gibt es Erfahrung beim Tausch von 24V auf 12V - macht es Ueberhaupt aus irgendwelchen Grund Sinn ?

Danke

Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Man kan zu 12V tauschen aber dan muss alles getaucht werden.  Die laufrad auf motor rechts kan mit eine 12V dynamo getaucht werden, solte dan auch eigene batteri benutzen, oder nur en 24Vzu12V konverter benutzen fuer stereo, usb ladung usw.

Sorry, my german isn't that sharp anymore :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
På 21.5.2018 den 22.07, lafterolf skrev:

I dont think technical manual for Norwegian military is made digital.

I would try contacting http://www.olav-teigen.no/ and ask them about all the manuals. Only on Norwegian. After some years in the forces I have heard there are digital manuals somewhere but you got have to have internal access. Hard to get them out and they will be on the most preferred language, Norwegian. I can not believe that the LR manual are digital. But there are some ex- army equipment and vehicle in Britain that may have the one-ton manual for purchase online, paper or pdf. 

But I think the Norwegian has a smaller engine or something.

Endret av Adventure
Info
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

På 12.7.2018 den 21.20, Adventure skrev:

But I think the Norwegian has a smaller engine or something.

Right, or ... the norwegian exmil has the 1 ton brakes from stage 1(with dot5.0 siliocone brakefluid, for clutch too) , some shielded distributor and insane expencive spark plugs and a huge dynamo, combat lighting, different rear lights(the small round thing is combat light) , and 24Volt system. and if you want subframe, or new frame you must look for military version(rear bumperettes too) almost forgot, military gearbox :D (lower gear ratio) stub axels have 24 spline outside 10 inside, Nato tow eye(not legal in norway for civilian veicles :D) , and plug, and a natoplug in side footwell of passenger(i'm sure i forgot alot but if you need a book buy S3 haynes manual, you get far with that one, the rest is quite standard S3 2.25L 109 no side doors. 

most replace distributor with standard to use regular sparkplugs. you need to keep the bracket,  modify the coil, and add somthing 24V to the distributor that comes 12V, ask gautes :D,.

they replace springs with parabolic springs. since the military one are stiff and useless. and ofcourse tires, viking knobby is like old Shoe sole.

Some replace the gearbox too to civilian standard box

Mine has 2" exhaust as well. roof removed and a rollbar installed :D with canvas outside.

Endret av robl
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...