Gå til innhold

Hi landrover enthusiasts of Norway

Sailer Images

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi landrover enthusiasts of Norway,

I want to say hello to the landrover forum and the people behind it and want to introduce ourself.

We are a couple of wildlife filmmakers from Germany and will travel in the north of norway for the next year. We will start tomorrow driving up with our Landrover Defender TD5 (MY2000).

We are making a 2 part documentary about the wildlife for german television. For this, we will be filming north of the polar circle. The german title will be "Polarland".

So if somebody will see us on the road, don't worry, it's just us, looking forward learning about and enjoying the north, Norway and the Norwegian people. You are supposed to be the happiest people on the planet, so we are looking forward to learn this from you as well.

Now you know who is hanging around in your country with the attached landy, if you wonder. We are so happy to start tomorrow, see you somewhere,

Alex and Steffen

Landy kl.jpg

Landy2.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Svar 57
  • Opprettet
  • Siste svar

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Postede bilder

37 minutter siden, Sailer Images skrev:

Hi landrover enthusiasts of Norway,

I want to say hello to the landrover forum and the people behind it and want to introduce ourself.

We are a couple of wildlife filmmakers from Germany and will travel in the north of norway for the next year. We will start tomorrow driving up with our Landrover Defender TD5 (MY2000).

We are making a 2 part documentary about the wildlife for german television. For this, we will be filming north of the polar circle. The german title will be "Polarland".

So if somebody will see us on the road, don't worry, it's just us, looking forward learning about and enjoying the north, Norway and the Norwegian people. You are supposed to be the happiest people on the planet, so we are looking forward to learn this from you as well.

Now you know who is hanging around in your country with the attached landy, if you wonder. We are so happy to start tomorrow, see you somewhere,

Alex and Steffen

Best wishes. Hope yo will get a good experience and some nice films/shots. There is a lot of Landroveritis up north. Hope you´ll be able to meet a lot of them. 

Have a nice and safe trip. If you are travelling through the south of Norway, there are also a lot enthusiasts to say hallo to :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello and welcome. Interesting project! One year on the road sounds really exciting. Please keep us updated!

I'm sure some of the members on this forum that lives up north can give advice or help You if needed.

There are also a couple of very professional film photographers on this forum!

I am from Hammerfest myself, so just ask if there is anything you need or wonder about.

Looks like a very nice Land Rover camper. Can You post more info and Pictures of the Defender?

By the way, I hope You have better tires for winter conditions than the picture shows... BFG All-Terrain is no good. Get some Nokian Hakkapeliitta with studs!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

55 minutes ago, telindnor said:

Best wishes. Hope yo will get a good experience and some nice films/shots. There is a lot of Landroveritis up north. Hope you´ll be able to meet a lot of them. 

Have a nice and safe trip. If you are travelling through the south of Norway, there are also a lot enthusiasts to say hallo to :)

Thank you for your wishes, we are excited to start :o)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 hour ago, Stig said:

Hello and welcome. Interesting project! One year on the road sounds really exciting. Please keep us updated!

I'm sure some of the members on this forum that lives up north can give advice or help You if needed.

There are also a couple of very professional film photographers on this forum!

I am from Hammerfest myself, so just ask if there is anything you need or wonder about.

Looks like a very nice Land Rover camper. Can You post more info and Pictures of the Defender?

By the way, I hope You have better tires for winter conditions than the picture shows... BFG All-Terrain is no good. Get some Nokian Hakkapeliitta with studs!

Thank you so much. Yes, it's all about "one life, life it". We will keep you updated here, and if we have some questions, we'll ask them here also. Thank you very much for this possibility. Thank you for the advise about the tires. We are not allowed to drive studded tires in Germany, so we ordered exactly the nokians in Sweden. So we let them mount on Monday or Tuesday in Trelleborg. Thank you so much for your advice, you really gave us the reasurance that we have chosen the right ones. We also have some chains with us.

About our Landrover: It changed our lives completely and is the reason why we are doing what we are doing now. I bought him new in 2000 as a hobby wildlife photographer. I wanted a fourwheel drive that is big enough to sleep in it. Not far away from us was a BMW garage, so i bought it there, because a VW California 4x4 was to expensive. After 10 years making our holidays with it, we thought about taking 3 years off to see the world and quit our jobs. We've been searching for a suitable car and finally found out that we already have the right car for that. We thought, if we can life in it for 3-4 weeks in holidays, even in rain, snow and cold (we have a Eberspächer D2 in it) we should be fine with it for a longer period as well. So, with a roof tent on top and the interior made to sleep, cook and have a shelter built by ourselves, we took off, shipped the car to New Zealand, Australia, North America and South America. In South Amerika, I made our first wildlife film for broadcast and now we are still doing this. Without buying our Defender in 2000, both of our lives wouldn't have been like they are today. Thank you beloved Landrover!

Now, 17 years later and 300.000 km on the clock, we are heading to you guys. The roof was attached last winter by desert-tec from Germany. They usually make these roofs for Land Cruisers but decided to start making them for Defenders as well. So this is the second roof for Defenders they've made. We decided to put this on top because on our world trip, we found out that in the roof tent, it was mostly too loud, too windy (Patagonia) or too fresh to sleep in that so we slept most of the time inside. And we needed more storage for our filming equipment as well.  So our landy made a lot of changes in his life. But it's still the same. Our companion, friend and shelter for the adventures life can offer.

_O5A5665.jpg

_O5A5669_1.jpg

IMG_1245.GIF

IMG_1246.GIF

Endret av Sailer Images
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

What a fabulos Defender and rich life. Just know that you're inspiring others. Should you happen to stop by in Trondheim, while on your way north or back home, drop a message and I'll be happy to make an Italian dinner to you guys, while chatting about Defenders and photography.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 8.12.2017 at 8:32 PM, atau said:

What a fabulos Defender and rich life. Just know that you're inspiring others. Should you happen to stop by in Trondheim, while on your way north or back home, drop a message and I'll be happy to make an Italian dinner to you guys, while chatting about Defenders and photography.

Thank you you so much for your kind  words. Chatting Sounds awesome. We managed to Drive the first 900 km already and are now in Rostock. After getting the Nokian with pigg in Sweden we are heading to Dovrefiell first and stay there a view days. After that we will drive to Lofoten for Christmas. So we will pass Trontheim on our way to the Lofoten then. I‘ll let you know. Thank you so much :o)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

4 hours ago, Adventure said:

Following. Best of luck. We are heading with our lives to Alta/ Finnmark next summer. 

Don’t forget to salute the LR drivers:D;)

Safe travels.

This sounds exciting. Moving in summer sounds fair. We are a bit woried to start with our stuff in the middle of winter...

Thank you, we will give all Landy drivers  a wave with everything we have;o) thats what we always do :o)

Endret av Sailer Images
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

We are now on Lofoten over Christmas. Except a bit of coolant leakage at the hose out of the waterpump (Temperatures???) and the complete breakdown of our Eberspächer D2 air heating everything is ok. Beautiful area here on Lofoten! Merry Christmas to the Landrover owners of Norway! God Jul!

F68AFD2C-112E-44F7-806D-DB1C498336F8.jpeg

Endret av Sailer Images
Better picture
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Merry Christmas:)

Have a nice stay and a nice trip further up north. You will notice the landscape soon changes dramaticly. Make a stop in Kirkenes  and see the little city with all the street names also translated to russian.

A nice place with lots of History.

In this area of Norway the temperature can easily drop to below  -40 celsius in January, so take some precautions if you should unluckily get stranded somewhere. There is not a rescue car on every corner.

and ofcourse Happy New Year .

Best regards Brage

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 hour ago, Brage said:

Merry Christmas:)

Have a nice stay and a nice trip further up north. You will notice the landscape soon changes dramaticly. Make a stop in Kirkenes  and see the little city with all the street names also translated to russian.

A nice place with lots of History.

In this area of Norway the temperature can easily drop to below  -40 celsius in January, so take some precautions if you should unluckily get stranded somewhere. There is not a rescue car on every corner.

and ofcourse Happy New Year .

Best regards Brage

Thank you so much for your thoughts. God Jul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

2 hours ago, lafterolf said:

Hi.

I think you need a new waterpump. Temperature has no influence on leakage.

Thank you so much for your comment. I think it is a good idea to get it replaced now. It is safer to get it fixed propperly. What is the closest garage to Leknes to get a new waterpump organized and mounted. I mean with Landrover knowledge? 

Endret av Sailer Images
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

2 hours ago, pickup said:

Bil-i-nord Leknes idrettsveien 33

Some time ago bil-i-nord had land rover. They have a nearby garage, and a salesman who like land rover. I have never tested or heard of their skills. 

Thank you so much for your help! I‘ll try it there after Christmas. Great help, thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

3 hours ago, pickup said:

Curious about your response from Bil-i-nord?

How did it work out, did you get service/help?

As I wrote, I have not tested them my self.....

Best wishes to you for 2018

Yeah, well...

They were very friendly. Yesterday a new problem came up. When I give some throttle, something is vibrating. So we went to Bil I Nord for checking out both things. They found a small leak in a hose of the watersystem. They didn’t know which part it is, neither do I. They said that this is not a big problem, just top up. The rattling noise they have thought is something with the motor, they didn’t make a testdrive though. They recommended to ship the car to Trondheim to the LR Garage. For the Hurtigruten our car is to high. I just wanted to rent a car at Herz that was in an Opel garage. So we talking a bit and the mechanic there made a test drive with me and thought that it is nothing with the motor but with the drivechain. He checked the shafts but couldn’t find something. He thought that if it is something with them, anybody can fix it on the way. So if it is getting worse and fault is  clearer then go to the next garage available. 

We are thinking at the moment what we‘ll do next... especially which direction. Maybe home, selling it and buy a new car for this filming trip, or try to drive further on until it breaks down completely...

Shipping from the North to Trondheim would be a financial disaster...

Our German mobile club would pay for the towing up to 3000 Kroner... the rest is at us.

At least they would pay for wrecking...

These are the news for today.

Greetings from Leknes 

Endret av Sailer Images
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...