Gå til innhold

Thank you for an exciting year. Praesto 4x4

Praesto4x4

Anbefalte innlegg

A short reflection of the activities of 2016.

A short cold spell in January had us working long hours a day to help as many customers as possible with Webasto problems.

Late February we headed south and spent a few days in Cape town visiting our supplier, Metalian.

We visited the factory and had a good insight to the many product lines. We flew up to Johannesburg and picked up our home for the next 2 ½ weeks, a Toyota 79 Double cab with an Alu-Cab camper from Avis Safari rental.

A couple from Norway joined us on a self-drive safari up into the Central Kalahari game Reserve where we explored the spacious game reserve. 52800 square kilometers of wilderness awaited us.

It was hot, but we survived. There were some small issues with the two vehicles which made the adventure complete.

Returning to Johannesburg we attended the Beeld holiday show – off road camping South Africa at its best, looking at new products and networking with old acquaintances.

Back in Norway after 3 weeks away it was full speed ahead to get ready for the summer season.

June and July found us on the road again, attending meetings in Norway and the Abenteuer & Allrad advent in Bad Kissingen Germany. New friends and contacts were made, and several hundred kilometers were eaten up.

New products were added to the portfolio throughout the year.

We were able to visit one of our major Land Rover parts suppliers in September after attend the Adventure overland show at Stratford upon Avon.

It’s a small show compared to the Bad Kissingen show, but it was good to look at alternative solutions, and meet fellow overlanders. The Land Rover campers crowd open their arms and made us feel most welcome.

October saw us move premises, we are in the same area, but have changed buildings, even though the move was in October we are still sorting things out. We were lucky to be back up and running without major disturbances after 2 days.

November saw on the road again attending the Forf conference at Gardemoen, Oslo where we displayed some applicable equipment. FORF is the organization for all voluntary rescue associations in Norway such as the Norwegian Red cross / Norwegian people’s aid / Norwegian Rescues dog’s etc. I attended as a member of the Norwegian amateur radio relay league in the emergency communication role. A very interesting conference interacting and learning.

We have tried to post pictures here of the various events to inspire you, please look in the gallery on Facebook.

There are many new exciting products and events happening in 2017, so stay tuned, and as they say watch this space.

Thank you all for a very good 2016, and I am looking forward to co-operating with you in 2017.

Glen / Praesto 4x4.

(BTW Praesto is Latin to exceed or deliver.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Godt nytt år til deg også Glen, og takk for en fantastisk tur. Vi var da "the norwegian couple", som fikk lov til å være med på en særdeles vellykket tur.

For de som måtte ha interesse av det har vi forfattet en liten uhøytidlig turrapport - for de som måtte ha en liten drøm om å reise på ekspedisjon til Afrika. http://pogostick.net/~trondshj/botswana/botswana_feb_2016.html

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...