Gå til innhold

My home made 110 lifting roof camper project

wunntenn

Anbefalte innlegg

Just joined your forum (I'm Scottish) and thought you might be interested in the lifting roof I made recently for my 110, which I did (mostly) outside on my drive (no proper workshop). I have been to Sweden but not to Norway yet, but I am planning a trip next year or year after to visit relatives. Hope this inspires some of you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Looks great B) Both the car and the whisky :):)

Nice job! :)

I´m impressed with the amount of work you´ve put in this re-build of your car! Thumbs up!! :)

Thank you! Aye, it was a tough year of work, but the easy availability of cheap (compared to Norway!) whisky made it worthwhile!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nice video of the work ! :)

And drinking whisky with Norwegian prices? Well , we " enjoy it ,with style" in good mood :D

You are more than welcome to take part in Norsk Land Rover Klubb`s 2016 annual challenge (19/7 - 24/7 ) in the northern part of Norway.

Location : Setermoen , about 500 km north of the Arctic Circle ( between Narvik and Tromsø )

More info. at the forum ,under : International

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nice video of the work ! :)

And drinking whisky with Norwegian prices? Well , we " enjoy it ,with style" in good mood :D

You are more than welcome to take part in Norsk Land Rover Klubb`s 2016 annual challenge (19/7 - 24/7 ) in the northern part of Norway.

Location : Setermoen , about 500 km north of the Arctic Circle ( between Narvik and Tromsø )

More info. at the forum ,under : International

Thanks for the information. I'll give that some consideration!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That was a good vending , Glen :)

Talisker makes many friends :D

If you bring Talisker, you will make many friends.

Ah I understand now!

Thinking.........convert 110 to mobile Scottish pub, install whisky distribution system, put on bagpipe music, drive to Arctic Circle.....have much fun!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nice one :) and Talisker......hmmm

what colour do you plan on the finish?

I think white. The 110 was all dark blue (including the roof) and when the sun shone the interior got unbearably hot. With the white roof that I've just put on its substantially cooler, and with white sides as well it'll probably be even better.

It wont be any kind of fancy paint job - probably just a roller or brush done by me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I agree, light colours are comfortable in the summer. Perhaps even done is well done ;) and remember the first scratch is worst :P

I must say, I'm impressed by your work with the camper. Hope your partner is doing well :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I agree, light colours are comfortable in the summer. Perhaps even done is well done ;) and remember the first scratch is worst :P

I must say, I'm impressed by your work with the camper. Hope your partner is doing well :)

I'm past caring about scratches - the 110 is 25 years old now and has done 265,000 miles!

Thanks - it was a leap into the unknown but the build method and being able to lift the new roof off and on whilst it was being 'created' and still being able to use the 110 as normal really helped. If it had all gone pear-shaped at the build stage I had a big safety net by not actually cutting into the original roof until I knew it all worked.

Yes my partner is doing ok. She's got a slight twitch occasionally when she's tired, but considering she was pretty much 'dead' at one point and the prognosis was really bad, she's recovered remarkably and nobody would know she'd had such a devastating event.

The psychological side of it is still being worked through though - it's a slow process.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Amazing, this is a huge job, and you have made it beautifully.

The way you solved the fixing and weatherproofing of the fabric was neat.

I must say I’m impressed, would like to make something similar, but when would I get the time?

But the dream keeps me going, someday my time will come……. Hopefully!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Amazing, this is a huge job, and you have made it beautifully. The way you solved the fixing and weatherproofing of the fabric was neat. I must say I’m impressed, would like to make something similar, but when would I get the time? But the dream keeps me going, someday my time will come……. Hopefully!

:)

Taking it one step at a time it was fairly manageable.

A few problems had to be overcome - the lower frame got a bit twisted by the heat of welding the corners and that needed 'accommodating' but nothing that was a real killer.

As a construction method I can thoroughly recommend it as it gives lots of flexibility and the main thing is you dont have to pull the whole roof off and have it exposed to weather.

I dreamed for about 2 years before starting, but that was time well spent because it meant I knew what I wanted to achieve and had allowed myself to be inspired by the journeys taken by others.

Your day will come!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...