Nytt K-motor prosjekt - mulighet for "ny" lav kost motor

Anbefalte innlegg

• Svar 82
  • Opprettet
  • Siste svar

Mest aktive i denne tråden

Hi all,
New update.
I used the last evening to transfer all the external components from my old engine to the rebuilt one. Timing belt covers, engine mount bracket, rocker cover, flywheel and gearbox was swapped over. The DMF had 25mm of play which is within spec. It had some blue spots on the friction face. Not in a perfect state but It was cleaned up and mounted onto the rebuilt engine together with a new clutch and pressure plate. A new concentric slave cylinder was fitted inside the gearbox. Using a ½” extension bar to lock the engine when doing the flywheel and pulley bolts worked nicely. It was inserted in the hole in the block where the starter sits. Tonight, I plan to lift the engine back into the engine compartment.
Pics:
DSCN1831_zpsc6d989d1.jpg

DSCN1834_zps55c1f853.jpg

DSCN1833_zps2fdac0e6.jpg

DSCN1832_zpse619a379.jpg

DSCN1836_zps08b166de.jpg

DSCN1838_zpsbd692d69.jpg

DSCN1839_zpscb8d4ddd.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi all,
Some more done yesterday :)
Startet off by fitting this piece of jewelery:
DSCN1857_zps8fdf2b90.jpg
An all metal Tazu master cylinder :)
IT went quite well to get it in place. As this is a LHD, I had no issues fitting the supplied copper pipe directly to the master cylinder without any rough bending to get it through the firewall. I also removed the quick fit connectors and joined the pipes directly with a brake pipe union. Probably not necessary but all couplings have a small flow restriction and are also a potential leak point. Clutch system filled and bleed according to all know procedures. The pedal feels good :)
DSCN1861_zpsa88a3bcd.jpg
DSCN1860_zps4927893e.jpg
I have to admit that I am not sure what is the best routing of the clutch pipe. As shown in the picture, I have placed the pipe above all the cables. Should it be below?? Cant rememeber…
DSCN1865_zpsddad83cc.jpg
Moving forward to get all the coolant hoses and the rest of the bits in place. Gearbox oil filled, engine oil filled and coolant filled and bled. Battery and its box mounted, preparing for first startup.
For some reason, I had a quick look at the timing belt on my workbench, and guess that I was suppressed! It was the new timing belt which was lying on the workbench!!! I have managed to mount the old one on the rebuilt engine when I was swapping over timing belt covers i.e….. Pretty-pretty embarrassed over that one :D :D Seems like I have to get that on in place before lowering the car on the ground again :D
DSCN1858_zps8d3c9ac6.jpg
Decided to start the engine anyway. I had not tightened the earth connector to the battery, just in case there should be any issues. I had to wiggle this slightly to get a good connection for startup. Engine started instantly and as expected, there was some noise from the tappets. This will probably disappear after the first warm up. I only had the engine running for a minute, but it seems to run well :) One happy bunny :D :D
First startup taped here:

I ended my work there for the day. Pretty happy with the result :) Now I just have to replace the timing belt and get all the final pieces back on before I can do the testdrive!
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi all,
Update:
I have replaced the timing belt, so the new one are in place where it shall be. Felt very unnecessary to do a timing belt change with the engine in-situ after an operation like this, but nobody is perfect :D . All the rest of the bits was put in place and the car taken out for a tiny testdrive. No external leaks discovered except for some tiny oil dripping from the oil temperature sensor. This was quickly solved by thigthening the thing slightly up.
It is still to early to conclude how big the success factor of this is, but after 30 km`s of driving the observations are:
- No visible fluid leaks, no drop in coolant level.
- No tappets noise, they settled down quite fast during the first warm up.
- The engine runs sweetly, seems to be more “balanced” than the old one. It pulls evenly without any misfire like it should :)
- The clutch is sent down to me from heaven… Its feather light on the pedal and silky smooth :)
So far, I am super happy with the results. I will report back after the first 1000Km`s :D :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...

Hei,

En liten status oppdatering..

Jeg har nå tilbakelagt 1200km med denne motoren og innkjøringsperioden er over. Den går jevnt og fint og drar jevnt over hele turtallsområdet uten feiltenning og nøling, slik den skal.

Olje + filterskift ble gjennomført i går og oljen tappet av var uvanlig ren i forhold til det som en pleier å se. Kjølevannsnivå har vært dønn stabilt og ingen eksterne oljelekkasjer oppdaget. Oljenivået har droppet noe men jeg regner med at dette er pga innkjøring og at dette vil stabilisere seg nå som motoren er innkjørt.

Det ser ut til at dette er "the happy ending" for dette prosjektet og at det nå ligger tusenvis av problemfrie km foran meg :) Dette har vært et fantastisk gøyalt prosjekt :)

Endret av Mr Rover 75
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 måneder senere...

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...