Gå til innhold

A little introduction

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello everyone,

No knowledge of Norwegian other than Google Translate, so a little introduction in English before I resort back to lurking around the classifieds topic.

I am an owner of two Series Land-Rovers, a 1954 SI 86" & 1960 SII 88", will poste pictures below. Recently I discovered the previously unknown world of ex-Norwegian military SIII 109" and because I like military 109's and 9.00 x 16 tyre size, I fell in love and now I'm looking around for a decent one which wouldn't cost me a fortune to re-build like the SI 86", which I bought for a good price and ended up paying more than that on top to bring it up to a good standard...

1. Bernie, the ex-Swiss Army 1960 petrol SII, an immaculate truck that never failed us:

P1070291.jpg

2. Jekyll, the ex-rust heap 1954 SI 86" with a Rover V8, a truck recently mechanically rebuilt and one that has so far never stopped failing us since its arrival in May 2011 (just after it was driven 2000 km from Glasgow to CZ...), probably doesn't like the new owner:

DSC_0292c.jpg

So, I'm off to check Rubrikk.no, AutoDB.no & FINN.no for possible candidates - wish me luck :D

Endret av 1960SeriesII
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Wonderful images, and welcome to this forum!

List a request (if you haven't done it yet) in the "Kjøpes" tread on the sales section here, and I'm sure you'll have something before the summer!

By the way, this years Norwegian LR "summercamp" is in a really pittoreseque location, so that would be a great combination :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Most Norwegians speak and write English so we will manage your posts too.

Welcome.

I have got a series 1 as well with a v8 3,5 .A 4,6 is waiting to be exchanged.

It is a 107 stw.

Endret av gautes
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Good, no offence meant, I just thought it might be like here in the Czech Republic, where many manually skilled people do not speak so much English, but they are the ones who understand Land-Rovers most!

Nice to see so many Series LR owners here, must look up a few photos in the Series topic. Thank you for the warm welcome

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm glad you like the photos - handling a camera is just about everything I can do with the Land-Rover except driving and some very basic maintenance, but I am trying to improve blush

The whole family enjoys driving especially in the SII, the SI has no seatbelts as yet and a truck cab, so not really a family vehicle!

P1070308.jpg

Endret av 1960SeriesII
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

A few more photos:

P1130667.jpg

P1130633.jpg

P1130551.jpg

Jekyll, the SI 86" V8, is back on the road with a "new" radiator mounted, but there are lots of small and not so small problems that still need to be solved, such as oil leaking from the front right hub straight into the brake drum, causing interesting experience when braking hard :wacko:

Oh, the many joys of Land-Rover ownership :unsure:

Endret av 1960SeriesII
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
  • 3 uker senere...
  • 3 år senere...

Many things have happened in the meantime. Instead of buying an ex-military Norwegian S3, I bought an S2A Forward Control in Austria. I also started selling my drawings on t-shirts, mugs and stickers, but it's still more a hobby than real business.

12002140_10153611354052299_7807566115391

12189801_10153685032862299_8489022452475

The two trucks at the centre are ours:

12140827_10153639125032299_2889981203239

Endret av 1960SeriesII
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...