Gå til innhold

Defender 110 td5 garage near Alta?

Zakkie

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi Landrover friends, we are currently on a trip from the Netherlands via norway Finland and back

Since today my Defender 110td5 (2001) loses power in higher revs f.e. when I need to drive uphill and shift from 5 tot 4. Its the same in every gear, when I accalerate to a certain revcount the engine starts to shake a bit like its not running on all 5 cilinders and it can almost not accelarate beyond that.

Engine seems to sound fine though, turbo sounds like its working. Oil, coolant are good, airfilter seems fine

Im looking for a garage that can help with my Defender . We are currently at Badderen between Storslett and Alta. (Alta would be best since we already are going in that direction)

Any tips for a good garage that f.e. should be able to at least read the computer would be appreciated

Endret av Zakkie
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sounds like the turbo is overboosting.

When it does the ECU cuts fuel and the engine won't accelerate.

Typically in high revs.

Check if the valve that controls how much exhaust that goes through the turbo is working freely.

If you disconnect the rod from the actuator you should be able to move the valve in the turbo easy with your fingers.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yup. Could be worth trying to check/release the wastgate valve. Easily done with a set of pliers/wise grips and some light oil/penetratign fluid (wd40 etc) These tend to get stuck over time, and the result can either be overboosting (stuck partly closed) or not beeing able to build up enough preassure (stuck open).

Overboosting will result in a fault strored on the ecu, and this needs to be cleared. If there are someone in the area with a Nanocom or other diagnisis tool, this is done in a few minutes. 

Increase your TD5 Defenders POWER IN 60 seconds! - YouTube (about mid video)

Defender Td5 Wastegate Sticking - YouTube (no need to take of the shield and the rod itself, but this shows how it works).

Endret av Jasswass
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

tnx for the replies! This morning I checked some things, also the wastegate, which seemed to be stuck . There was a garage that was able to help with this, but before we went there the problem already seemed to be gone (strange because nothing was changed).

I had the wastegate made to move anyway, and also they cleaned the connector that connects the CPU to the valvehead since it was very oily and thats also supposed to be a common cause for similar problems. Head was removed, connector got a new seal, cleaned and head placed back

Seems to be running fine again! tnx for the videos, helpfull

Endret av Zakkie
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...